MCLEAN, Va. - Hampton Hotels engaged more than 200 employee-volunteers from three countries in more than 800 hours of service during Hilton Worldwide's inaugural Global Week of Service, held November 11-18.
Throughout the Global Week of Service, Hampton partnered with non-profit groups in seven cities to help aid local causes. The week's efforts were a part of Hampton Hotels' ongoing commitment to service through its new volunteerism-focused program, called Hampton Helps, which launched this fall. Hampton Helps is the company's signature community relations program that aims to inspire acts of service, large and small, to help build stronger communities through the spirit of hospitality.
Below is recap of the Hampton Helps events held during the Global Week of Service to make a difference in local communities:
- Hampton Helps Los Angeles (Nov. 12): Volunteers from LA-area Hampton Hotels join forces with Volunteer Los Angeles to help liven up the veteran's facilities at the Veterans Home of California as part of Hampton Helps. Hotel volunteers spent the day painting veterans recreation and programming rooms at the Salvation Army Haven Program, an organization that helps veterans who are dealing with emotional, physical, or economic barriers.
- Hampton Helps Birmingham, UK (Nov. 13): As a part of Hampton's first international volunteer event in the UK, nearly 30 hotel, brand and Hilton Worldwide Team Members helped spruce up the Walkers Heath Park. From clearing moss and pruning hedges to painting over graffiti and building a new public table tennis table, these volunteers made a significant impact on the park's aesthetics. Plus, on a recommendation from Hilton in the Community Foundation, Hampton also donated a new park bench and commissioned a local wood-carving artist to carve a wood statue for the park, leaving behind a permanent woodpecker perched high in a tree near the park's entrance.
- Hampton Helps Memphis (Nov. 14): Volunteers from the Hampton Hotels brand team, along with Hilton Worldwide Team Members, assembled 175 Thanksgiving dinner bags with non-perishable food items, Kroger gift cards, coloring books and crayons. They also assembled 500 hygiene kits for those in need. Bags and kits were distributed to local partners such as Agape, Emmanuel Episcopal Center, Exchange Club Family Center, and the Manna House.
- Hampton Helps Seattle (Nov. 15): Hampton volunteers partnered with Seattle Works and YouthCare's ISIS House to clean and sanitize their kitchen, hallways, doorways, windows and common spaces and helped organize a maintenance workshop in the basement. The ISIS House is YouthCare's transitional living program that specifically serves LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning) homeless youth and straight allies. ISIS House organizers also worked with Hampton volunteers on outdoor yard work, created compost piles, assembled an outdoor bike rack and crafted handmade Thanksgiving decorations.
- Hampton Helps Toronto (Nov. 16): Hampton and Hilton Worldwide Team Members partnered to help aid the Scott Mission, an organization that responds to the needs of the poor, homeless, abandoned and vulnerable of all ages. The group wrapped over 300 Christmas gifts for families in need this holiday season.
- Hampton Helps Atlanta (Nov. 12 and Nov. 16): During the Global Week of Service, Hampton hotel Team Members in the Atlanta area participated in two volunteer projects at the Global Soap Project warehouse. More than two dozen volunteers helped recycle thousands of bars of donated hotel soap for individuals in impoverished countries.
To see the collective impact made by Hilton Worldwide Team Members globally, please watch the recap video. For more information about Hampton Helps, please visit www.hampton.com/helps or www.news.hampton.com.
Director, Global Brand Public Relations, Hampton Hotels
901 374 6383
About Hampton Hotels The Hampton Hotels brand, including Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites and Hampton by Hilton, is an award-winning leader in the mid-priced hotel segment, serving value-conscious and quality-driven travelers. With over 1,900 properties totaling more than 186,000 rooms in 14 countries and territories, Hampton Hotels is part of Hilton Worldwide, a leading global hospitality company. All Hampton hotels offer comfortable surroundings and a friendly service culture, defined as "Hamptonality," delivered by over 50,000 Team Members and supported by the 100% Hampton Guarantee®, reinforcing its commitment to providing excellent service to both business and leisure travelers alike. High-quality and consistent accommodations and amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and free hot breakfast, and the latest technology and innovations, such as multi-unit Power Cubes and the brand’s signature Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed®, combined with numerous locations globally have made Hampton a leader in its segment and one of the fastest growing hotel brands worldwide. Please visit www.hampton.com, http://news.hampton.com or www.hamptonoffers.com for more information and connect with Hampton Hotels online at www.faceboook.com/Hampton, http://twitter.com/Hampton or www.youtube.com/Hampton.
About Hilton Worldwide Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. For 94 years, Hilton Worldwide has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences. The company’s portfolio of ten world-class global brands is comprised of more than 4,000 managed, franchised, owned and leased hotels and timeshare properties, with nearly 672,000 rooms in 90 countries and territories, including Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®.