Jennifer Hughes Director, Brand Public Relations, Focused Service Brands PHONE+1 703 883 5381 RECENT STAY COMMENTS?1-800-445-8667
Ask for Guest Assistance
MEDIA INQUIRIESMedia Inquiry
755 Crossover Lane
Memphis, TN 38117
Read the News
Get the Facts
Hampton by Hilton China
Let us Help You
- Hampton ranked Platinum in MONEY magazine's Best Hotels in the World list for mid-range hotel chain category. MONEY surveyed 75 national and international hotel chains and ranked brands based on average cost per night, year-over-year price changes, customer service ratings, and 2016 reviews.
- Hampton by Hilton opens 50th EMEA property with the opening of the Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Oahu Kapolei first hotel to open in Hawaii. Hampton by Hilton is now in all 50 states.
- Hampton by Hilton campaigns for marketing and PR received five honors including a platinum, three gold and one honorable mention from the MarCom Awards for the amenity focused television campaign and the PR Seekender initiative.
- The Seekender PR campaign was a co-winner in the marketing communications category for the PR Platinum Awards.
- Forrester Research, Inc. ranked Hampton by Hilton #1 in the annual Customer Experience Survey. Hampton by Hilton was the highest brand out of 800, across 17 industries in eight global markets.
- Hampton by Hilton Uncovers and Inspires a New Type of Traveler: The "Seekender" received an Award of Excellence from the PRSA Silver Anvil.
- The Hampton by Hilton Seekender PR campaign was recognized for the highest award at the PRSA Radiance Miami chapter.
- Hampton by Hilton receives a SABRE Award, recognizing campaigns that demonstrate the highest levels of strategic planning, creativity and business results.
- Gold | Product Media Relations (Consumer Media) | Hampton by Hilton Uncovers and Inspires a New Type of Traveler: The "Seekender"
- Entrepreneur Magazine ranks Hampton by Hilton No. 2 on its annual Franchise 500 list, making it the only hotel chain in the Top 10. Hampton also received #1 franchise in the lodging category marking eight years in a row.
- Hampton by Hilton opens first property in Scotland with the Glasgow Central location.
- Hampton by Hilton opens flagship hotel in Guangzhou Zhujiang New Town, China
- Hampton by Hilton is named 2016 Harris Poll Equitrend® Mid-Market Hotel Brand of the Year.
- Hampton by Hilton receives six HSMAI Adrian Awards:
- Gold | Marketing Program, Consumer | Hampton by Hilton Uncovers and Inspires a New Type of Traveler: The "Seekender"
- Gold | Feature Placement Print - Trade Publication | Hampton Entrepreneur
- Gold | Repositioning | Hampton We Go Together
- Silver | Social Media Campaign | Hampton by Hilton Uncovers and Inspires a New Type of Traveler: The "Seekender"
- Silver | Social Media Campaign | Hampton Framing Memories
- Bronze | TV-Consumer | Hampton We Go Together
- Hampton by Hilton is recognized with four Platinum Marcom Awards and two Gold awards. The platinum awards were given for the "Seekender" public relations program and the Hampton We Go Together marketing campaign.
- Hilton Worldwide's first brand in Bolivia arrives with the opening of the Hampton Inn by Hilton Santa Cruz/Equipetrol.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton debuts in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- First Hampton by Hilton in Bristol, England opens.
- Hilton Worldwide opens first Focused Service hotel, Hampton Inn by Hilton, in San Francisco, CA.
- Hampton by Hilton opens new property in Bogota, the capital of Colombia.
- URA, Russia welcomes its first Hampton by Hilton hotel
- Hampton Hotels adds "by Hilton" endorsement to its Name.
- Hilton Worldwide and the Hampton by Hilton brand embark on partnership with CIMC to develop its first modular hotel at Bristol Airport, UK.
- Hampton by Hilton is named 2015 Harris Poll Equitrend® Mid-Market Hotel Brand of the Year.
- Hampton Hotels was named the #1 franchise on Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500® list making it four out of the last five years to receive this ranking.
- Hampton by Hilton receives four HSMAI Adrian Awards:
- Gold | Consumer Public Relations Campaign | Hampton's Embrace Your Weekend Self
- Bronze | Feature Placement in a Trade Publication | "How Do They Do It?" in AAHOA Lodging Business
- Bronze | Feature Placement in a Trade Publication | "Wake Up, World" in Hotel F&B
- Bronze | Feature Placement in a Consumer Publication | "The Secrets of Top Brands" in Entrepreneur Magazine
- Hampton Hotels launches the TREATS retail experience in hotels - new designs that enhance the food and beverage offerings for guests.
- Hampton Hotels awarded Women's Choice Award as most recommended within "Midscale Hotel" Category for Best Overall Service, Romantic Getaways, and Family Travel.
- Hampton Hotels celebrates its 2,000th hotel opening with Hampton Inn & Suites Bellevue Downtown-Seattle in Bellevue, WA.
- Hampton Hotels celebrates the 25thanniversary of its 100% Hampton® Guarantee - the promise of friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings at every stay or the guest does not pay, no questions asked.
- Hampton Hotels has been open to guests for 30 years
- Hampton Hotels receives five Travel Weekly Magellan Awards:
- Gold Magellan | Feel the Hamptonality in the category of Hospitality Marketing
- Gold Magellan | Celebration of Team Traditions (PR) in the category of Hospitality Marketing
- Silver Magellan | Holiday Hosting: Hamptonality Style (PR) in the category of Hospitality Marketing
- Silver Magellan | Hampton Forever Young (fyi) in the category of Mid-Scale Standard Room Design
- Silver Magellan | Hamptonality Moments in the category of Web Marketing/Advertising
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile opens as a dual-build property with Homewood Suites by Hilton - representing Hilton Worldwide as 700,000th Room Milestone.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Warsaw City Centre opens in Warsaw, Poland, as the largest Hampton by Hilton property outside of the U.S.A.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown represents Hilton Worldwide as the 100th hotel in Canada, opening as the first dual-branded property in Halifax, Nova Scotia with Homewood Suites by Hilton.
- Hampton Hotels is named Most Improved Brand in the BDRC Hotel Guest Survey.
- The brand is ranked #1 Mid-Market Hotel in the Harris Poll EquiTrend Study.
- Entrepreneur Magazine ranks Hampton by Hilton No. 2 on its annual Franchise 500 list. Hampton also received #1 franchise in the lodging category.
- Hampton Hotels debuts the Forever Young Initiative "fyi" - an upgrade to hotel and room designs, keeping the brand fresh and relevant for guests.
- Hampton Hotels receives 12 HSMAI Adrian Awards:
- Gold | Feature Placement in a Trade Publication | "Hilton, Land's End Create Hampton Look" in Hotel Business
- Gold | Digital Marketing Video | Elevated Hamptonality
- Silver | Complete Campaign | Feel the Hamptonality
- Silver | Feature Placement in a Trade Publication | "Hamptonality and Hospitality Management" in Franquia & Negocios
- Silver | TV Advertising Series | Feel the Hamptonality
- Silver | Digital Marketing | Hamptonality Moments - Meet me Halfway
- Silver | TV Ad | Hamptonality Moments - The Series
- Bronze | TV Ad | Feel the Hamptonality
- Bronze | Community Service PR Campaign | Hands On Hamptonality
- Bronze | PR Campaign | Hampton Hotels Brings Hands On Hamptonality to the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta
- Bronze | Feature Placement in Online Consumer Media | North Marion High School Helmet Donation
- Bronze | Feature Placement on Radio | Hampton Hotels and Al Horford Share Hands On Hamptonality with ESPN Radio
- Hampton Hotels awarded Women's Choice Award as most recommended within "Midscale Hotel" Category for Best Overall Service, Romantic Getaways, and Family Travel.
- Hampton reaches 1,900 hotels globally with the opening of the Hampton Inn Manhattan/United Nations.
- Hampton by Hilton announces Dutch debut with the opening of two new properties in The Netherlands, the Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schipol and the Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam/Arena Boulevard.
- The brand opens its first two hotels in the country of Colombia, the Hampton by Hilton Cartagena and the Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla.
- For the third consecutive year, Hampton Hotels was named the #1 franchise on Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500® list, known as the world's first, best, and most comprehensive franchise ranking.
- Hampton Hotels launches a new community relations platform, Hands-On Hamptonality, created to inspire acts of service, large and small, in order to help build stronger communities through the spirit of hospitality. More than 200 team members around the world contributed more than 800 hours of service during the kick-off, aligned with Hilton Worldwide's first annual Global Week of Service.
- Hampton Hotels' Save-A-Landmark program achieves goal of preserving at least one landmark in every U.S. state at the Kilauea Lighthouse in Hawaii.
- Brand launches "Feel the Hamptonality" advertising campaign to shine light on the brand's unique and delightful internal culture and innovative product. "Hamptonality" is a term that the brand uses to define the proactive, friendly service that Hampton hotel team members offer guests daily, aligning with the product and amenities at the hotels.
- For the second consecutive year, Hampton Hotels was named the #1 franchise on Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500® list, known as the world's first, best, and most comprehensive franchise ranking.
- Hampton Hotels was the first hotel brand ever to be ranked #1 in Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500®, known as the world's first, best, and most comprehensive franchise ranking.
- Hampton Hotels' Save-A-Landmark community program celebrated its 10 year anniversary milestone and 55th landmark renovation by helping to preserve President Lincoln's Cottage, a National Monument and National Trust Historic Site, in Washington, DC.
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport achieves LEED® Silver certification, as recognized by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) as the first Hampton Hotel property to earn recognition for sustainable building design, construction and operations.
- All Hampton properties announce the inclusion of waffles in its hot, free breakfast offering. Hampton kicks-off offering by baking 7,000 waffles during a launch event in New York City.
- Hampton Hotels is ranked #4 in Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500®, known as the world's first, best, and most comprehensive franchise ranking.
- Hampton Hotels celebrates the hotel's 20th anniversary of its 100% Hampton Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Hampton celebrates its 1,500 hotel milestone with the opening of the 101-room Colorado Springs Hampton Inn & Suites.
- All Hampton properties throughout Canada and Mexico are re-branded as Hampton by Hilton, to draw on the international strength of Hampton's parent-brand, Hilton.
- The 20th Hampton hotel opens in Canada, bringing the brand's total room count in the country to 2,238.
- Hampton Hotels announces that every guestroom - equaling more than 140,000 rooms and approximately 210,000 beds - in all of its more than 1,450 hotels feature its superior bedding package, the Clean and Fresh Bedding.
- Hampton expands its award-winning "Save-A-Landmark" program into Latin America for the first time with a project restoring portions of Monterrey's Parque Zoologico La Pastora, the largest zoo in north Mexico.
- Hampton is presented with the National Preservation Honor Award - the first hotel chain ever recognized by The National Trust for Historic Preservation for its sustained efforts as part of its Save-A-Landmark program.
- Hampton helps refurbish the U.S. Olympic Training Center Outdoor Training and Recreational Pool in Colorado Springs, Colo. as part of the Hilton Family overall sponsorship of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams with $225,000 in pool renovations.
- Hampton announces its partnership with the U.S. Cycling Team to help elite cyclists train with ease as the official hotel sponsor of USA Cycling through 2008, as an extension of the Hilton Family of Hotels' U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Team sponsorship.
- Hampton launches an online state-of-the-art guest resource entitled "My Hampton", representing a new property-specific default home page served up when guests log on to high-speed Internet service at every property. This resource provides local restaurants, maps and directions and news at guests' fingertips.
- Hampton announces new super-comfortable bedding package, the Clean and Fresh Bedding- featuring a crisp, white duvet cover, enveloping a plush down-like comforter and white 200-thread count sheets. The bed features three or four pillows (depending on room type) providing consumers a choice in firmness, a lumbar pillow that provides guests back support if they choose to read, watch television or enjoy the Hampton lap desk and work while resting in bed.
- Brand extension Hampton Inn & Suites Hotels celebrates its 10-year anniversary.
- Hampton celebrated its 1,300 hotel milestone with the opening of the 228-room Hampton Inn Washington, D.C., in one of the nation's most dynamic urban markets.
- Hampton Launches hamptonlandmarks.com - an online travel guide that uncovers the exact locations of both obscure and infamous moments, landmarks and hidden treasures.
- In the single largest and fastest transformation ever undertaken by a hotel brand to dramatically enhance the guest experience at each of its hotels, Hampton unveils more than 127 feature product changes were introduced at all Hampton hotels services, ranging from a new free On the House hot breakfast and On the Run breakfast bags, Purity Basics bath products and a curved shower rod, complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access and the industry's easiest-to-set radio alarm clock, as part of the "Make It Hampton" program aimed to differentiate the brand's offerings and emotionally connect with its customers.
- Hampton announces the grand opening of the Hampton Inn-Cedar City, Utah. The hotel is first "small town prototype" Hampton Inn-a new type of hotel designed specifically for smaller towns.
- Hampton launches first-ever "weekends-only" travel Web site entitled "1,000 weekends".
- Hampton announces the ground breaking of its first "small town" prototype hotel in Cedar City, Utah.
- Hampton achieves major milestone with the opening of its 1000th hotel in Hayward, Calif.
- Hampton officially becomes the midscale (without food & beverage) brand of Hilton Hotels Corporation through completion of the merger with Promus Hotel Corporation on November 30, 1999.
- 750th Hampton hotel opens in Taos, NM.
- Hampton Hotel opens its first Caribbean property in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Hampton opens hotel in Sioux Falls, SD, creating a presence for the hotel chain in all 48 contiguous United States.
- Hampton opens its first hotel in Alaska (Anchorage).
- Hampton opens its first South American property in Iquique, Chile.
- Hampton Inn & Suites opens its 25th hotel, in Charlottesville, VA.
- Hampton Inn & Suites opens its first international hotel property, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Promus Hotel Corporation announces free customized route planning from each of its hotel chains' Web sites on the Internet.
- Promus Hotel Corporation announces online confirmation and cancellation capabilities through its Web site.
- Promus Hotel Corporation begins testing a self-service check-in alternative for guests through hotel lobby kiosks at select locations.
- Promus Hotel Corporation announces online reservation capabilities through its web site.
- Promus Hotel Corporation forms following the split of The Promus Companies Incorporated into two separate public companies.
- The first Hampton Inn & Suites hotel opens in Newport News, VA.
- Hampton opens its first Central American property in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Hampton, Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites become the first major hotel companies to distribute chain wide and individual hotel information via the Internet.
- Hampton increases non-smoking room inventory to 75 percent throughout the system.
- Hampton introduces a new "blended" hotel product, Hampton Inn & Suites.
- Hampton opens its first Mexican property in Monterrey (Hampton Inn & Suites Monterrey Norte).
- The Promus Companies form Promus Hotels division to oversee the management of Hampton, Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites hotels under the direction of President and CEO Ray Schultz.
- Hampton opens its first international property (Niagara Falls-At The Falls, Canada).
- Hampton modifies prototype hotel design introduced for development in communities with populations of 75,000 or less.
- Hampton Hotel's parent company becomes The Promus Companies Incorporated.
- Hampton introduces an unconditional 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, a first within the lodging industry.
- Holiday Inn Corporation announces that the Holiday Inn brand would be acquired by Bass PLC of London, and Hampton Hotels' parent company would be reorganized and renamed.
- Hampton Nationwide Reservation System links to PARS (TWA/Northwest); DATAS II (Delta); SYSTEM ONE (Continental); APOLLO (Untied) and SABRE (American) airline reservation systems.
- Special services for hearing-impaired are launched system wide.
- 1984 First Hampton hotel opens in Memphis-I-40 East, TN
- Hampton Inns, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Holiday Inns, Inc. incorporates in the State of Delaware.
- First ground breaking ceremony in Memphis, TN.
- Presentation to board of International Association of Holiday Inns (IAH) and major developers.
- Holiday Inns' "Limited Service Hotel Division" established; Ray Schultz is named president.